Replacing Lost or Damaged Documents in Florida

Replacing Lost or Damaged Documents in Florida

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Hurricane Michael disaster may result in the loss of important documents, but Florida residents have ways to replace them. Here is a list of some useful websites and telephone numbers:

SNAP CardsPhone: Agents available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.Monday-Friday at 866-762-2237Website:

Green Cards: 

Phone: 800-375-5283


Birth and Death Certificates: 

Phone: 850-245-4444

Websites:Birth Certificates:

Death Certificates:

Florida Driving Licenses: 

Phone: 850-617-3000


Bank Checks, ATM/Debit Cards or Safe Deposit Boxes: 

Phone: 877-275-3342


Credit Cards – Contact the appropriate issuing institution:

Credit Reports: Equifax, Experian or TransUnion

Phone: 877-322-8228


Social Security Cards:

Phone: 800-772-1213


Fraud Alerts or a Credit Freeze:Both are free. But there are important differences between these two options:

  • An extended fraud alert means that a business must verify your identity before it issues new credit. An extended fraud alert, lasting seven years, is available only to identity theft victims. To get an extended fraud alert, you’ll first need an Identity Theft Report, which you can create at
  • A freeze generally stops all access to your credit report, while a fraud alert permits creditors to get your report as long as they take steps to verify your identity. A freeze is available to anyone, whether or not you are a victim of identity theft. For more information, visit

Other support: 

Identity Theft Resource Center:

Phone: 888-400-5530



Medicare Cards:

Phone: 800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)


from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

go to


Phone: 877-487-2778


U.S. Savings Bonds:

Phone: 844-284-2676 (toll-free)


Federal Tax Returns:

Phone: 800-829-1040


Military Records:

Phone: 866-272-6272


Insurance Documents:

Phone: Check with your insurance agent.


Real Estate and Property Records (Mortgage Documents, Deeds, etc.):

Phone: Contact your agent.

Medical and Prescription Records:

Call your doctor; medical and prescription records are tracked electronically.

Proof of Address/Residency:

Contact your local utility company to obtain a recent bill.

National Archives Records:

Phone: 866-272-6272

Website: General:

Website: Saving family records:

Please Note: FEMA does not endorse any specific products or services. 

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content